In the manœuvre of renewing their Object Storage offering with the OpenIO technology, OVHcloud extended their product with a Storage class qualifed as Standard. We dispose here from a classical S3 API similar to the High-Performance class, compared to this one, there's a small performance decrease for a large discount.
OVHcloud commissionned Cloud Mercato for an evaluation of their storage platform against their main competitors in a context of performance and price. This project gathers the observations Mercato did and displays the performance under different scenarios:
- Backup: Large files uploading
- Big Data: Large files downloading
- Big Data Mutipart: Large files downloading with multiple parallel connections
- Document AB: Medium files downloading
- Website AB: Small files downloading
- Video Streaming: Broadcasting to several client